Monday, September 23, 2019

Sony class action settlement update

In their grand tradition of "not quite a year between doing something noticeable to the general public", the folks running the class action settlement just tacked a little addendum onto the saga I last posted about back in November.  For reasons unstated (but that I expect boils down to "enough people couldn't be bothered to deposit a $10 check that they had too much money left over to keep"), they sent me another check, this time for a whopping... $3.02.  That makes the total I've gotten so far $13.09, out of the "up to $65" originally promised.  At least, this time, my credit union has some updated ATMs that let me deposit this little gem without needing to actually go inside the building, so there's that.

In not-entirely-unrelated news, I also just got a Nintendo Switch Lite, which will let me play some games like Disgaea 5 that I would otherwise have had to buy a PlayStation 4 to play.  Not that Sony gear is entirely off the table now, but I'm still going to investigate alternatives thoroughly before I go that route again.

No comments: