Friday, June 15, 2007

And now, the flip side...

Cooler heads, legal advice, whatever... Dave's posted a mea culpa. Worthy of mention in and of itself, but... now I get an education in one downside of third-party hosting of blogs & forums. In the span of roughly 7 hours from my last post, somebody or somebodies made 3 comments on it... which have all since been deleted. I know, if I were the one building/hosting this blog, that I would at least want to know who left comments, even if they thought better of it afterwards... but that's not the design choice this company made. It's a maddening little itch that I can do nothing to scratch.

Oh well, water under the bridge, not my problem originally anyways, etc., etc... and see what breaking your lurking cover gets you? Nothing but trouble... :)

Whoops... just found a means to find out the who, on the comments, without too much hassle. Ahh... much better, that itch getting scratched... :)

1 comment:

delRhode said...

Fair enough, man... of course, when the hosting entity in question is a company providing a service with an eye towards improving customer relations, and thereby sales, I'm not sure the role of "guest" strictly applies. At any rate, it's behind you, it's behind me, everybody's "happy", for lack of a better term... good enough by all.