Monday, September 8, 2008

Spore's out!

...so far, it's shaping up as a fine toy for me. Note the profile image change over on the right... that's little Rhoddy, as we enter the Tribal stage (note the gold nose rings and other accoutrements that say he's a real, thinking predator now... :)). It's just about time to go wreak havoc on some other settlements for the clan... and you can join in the fun, if you have about $50 to spend, and either a relatively recent Windows machine or a "real" Intel Mac (unfortunately, my Mac Mini doesn't count, because of its bargain-basement integrated graphics chip... although the same chip's supposedly OK for the Windows version... what's up with that?).

The only problem I've run across so far is unlikely to affect most... Spore complains about my dual-graphics-card setup, telling me that my drivers are out of date... even though I just updated them from the manufacturer's website last night, so it's likely a bug in their detection routines. It's a minor annoyance, all in all... besides, it gives me something to play while waiting for Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball... :)

No comments: