Sunday, April 10, 2011

More random bits

Once again, nothing worthy of its own post has cropped up recently... how much of that is due to the sudden influx of game-scavenging goodness I've had recently, I can't say for certain. Here's what I do know:

  • I don't expect much out of either local morning news shows (which are mostly fluff) or local weekend news shows (which are mostly reruns), and local weekend morning news shows are the worst of both worlds. That said, KHQ set the bar to an all-new low over the weekend, with their anchor holding up a copy of the local paper to display the printed headline, then telling viewers to read the paper for details. I'm pretty sure both the station and the paper are owned by the same company, but still... that's just a bit too pathetic.
  • If you own an XBox360, Full House Poker is a nice little Texas Hold 'Em game, which you can play online against others. Just be aware that the "Texas Heat" events, in particular... well, the servers are still a bit dodgy, for all they've improved from launch day.
  • I think I can officially call myself a "manga addict" now... I've already pretty well filled a small "media storage" shelving unit with books, I'm partway through a couple of different series, including some that I know the release date of the next book in the series, and I even subscribed to Otaku USA, to help me sort through the vast quantities of material out there and weed out the craptastic and excessively pervy. Amazon Prime is going to be very handy for me for the foreseeable future.

No comments: