Saturday, October 6, 2012

こんばんは

Ran across some cheap language-learning software on my last trip out of town, and I decided, given my addictions to manga and anime, that it might be fun to take a stab at learning Japanese.  It's only a week, and I've already discovered that I'm in for way more than I bargained for, thanks to multiple writing systems, of which I would only classify two as "sane", from what I've seen so far.  Still, I'm hopeful that I can pick up on it all, in time... after all, many people would classify me as only partially sane, so it should be a good fit... ;)

Oh, as far as the title of this post goes?  That's the Hiragana representation of the word "konbanwa", which means "good evening", which I can never think without hearing it in Alfred Hitchcock's voice.  It's one of the few words I know how to spell so far (as long as I'm using a keyboard... I don't know how long it will take me to attempt writing by hand), so I thought it might be a fun test of how this blog system handles non-English scripts.

No comments: