Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Twofer: bits of no great interest

10,000 miles - my car just ticked over that magic number on the odometer today... it's nice, in some ways, having a car with a "normal" mileage display again.

meat pies - I did a little experiment tonight... turns out you can make some fairly tasty pocket pies using mainly biscuit dough and some of the contents of one of those tub o' barbecue-sauced meats... in this case, I tried it with some shredded pork, and liked it enough that I'll likely do a full batch over the weekend, to get rid of the leftovers in the fridge... and if I don't have enough meat, I'll have to cook up some blueberries, I guess... :)

2 comments:

Matt said...

When Beth made pasties like this ahead, she would wrap them in wax paper (and seal with a toothpick if needed). For some reason, reheating same in a microwave came out better than reheating uncovered.

delRhode said...

I don't doubt it... in fact, at least some of the next batch, I'm going to try freezing, then treat them like microwave burritos later, cooking-wise... should work fine, and probably with less mess to boot!