Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wii Downloads: Helix

OK, this is another one I haven't played all the way through yet... but then, it's an "exercise" game, so I fully expect to drop it before I've conquered every nook and cranny of it. If you've played "Dance Dance Revolution" or "Guitar Hero" or the like, you know the basic drill... make the move the game wants you to make in time with the rhythm of the music being played. The big difference here is that, instead of mashing buttons/footpads, you use a pair of Wii remotes, one in each hand, to mimic moves an on-screen robot shows you to make.

For a $10 download, the game does what it needs to do quite nicely... sure, the techno tracks they use for the rhythm are somewhat forgettable (at least the ones I've seen so far), but the total experience works well... at least, that's what my sore muscles and one joint that forgot it was supposed to bend that way are telling me... :)

The one down tick that I'll make at this point... the game locked up my Wii hard during my first run at the tutorial. Maybe it was a random glitch, maybe it's something I'll run across again and again. If the game pisses me off too much, I'll let you know... :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

OMG, what good dorky fun. It's totally the "Night at the Roxbury" game.

delRhode said...

Wow, I had to Wikipedia that reference... I was vaguely familiar with the SNL sketch, but was unaware (or had blocked out) that it had been vamped up into a full-length movie.

At any rate, glad you liked it! :)