Friday, November 21, 2008

Fun dining out

I had a lady college friend hit town today... some of the "old gang" got together with her for lunch, others were expected for dinner. Work's pretty all-consuming these days, so I opted for the dinner get-together... and just as well I did, since nobody else showed up. As such, I got to monopolize her for a good hour and a half while we dined, and much fun was had by us both. The main reasons I decided to write about this:

  • We ate at Hill's, which is in downtown Spokane across from Auntie's Books. I've never been there before, and was favorably impressed. It's a place that does daily specials, and the duck proscuitto I had was pretty tasty... and the chicken my friend had looked and smelled pretty tasty, too.
  • It's funny, watching people's expectations fall apart. When a gent came with our meal, he was obviously thrown by my getting the "pretty plate" while the lady had the, erm, sturdier fare. The waitress somehow figured that we were a dating couple, even though we were waiting for other people at first... and was similarly taken aback when the lady insisted that she wanted to pay for the meal.
All in all, a good time for all involved... :)

No comments: