Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today's random bits

No rhyme or reason to the why of these today, it's just another one of those "nothing worth a whole post on its own" days...

  • I hit Best Buy today, because the clip on my cell phone case broke... I don't think I've ever been in there this close to the dreaded "Black Friday". They've got piles of stuff set up in display piles, but all shrink-wrapped, and the "serpentine" checkout line all set up. Looks like they went and rearranged some of the departments while they were at it... heavens forbid anybody should be able to find what they want in a timely manner without tracking down a sales critter.
  • I also gassed up on the way home today... for under $15, on a fairly empty tank. I can't remember the last time that happened, honestly.
  • You know those little green army men many of us played with as kids? Wouldn't it be cool if they made something like Star Wars stormtroopers available in that size and volume? Maybe a mixed set... little white stormtroopers and orangey-brown rebels, something like that. I know I'd have a fine gift to give come Christmas if that existed... :)

No comments: