Monday, December 22, 2008

Netflix pick: 30-Second Bunnies Theatre

Looks like it's been a couple of months since I last praised Netflix for their streaming video service, and especially the Roku box that ties into it. One big reason I like the service is that there are things that I would never "waste" a whole DVD rental on, for one reason or another, that are just there, waiting to be watched on a whim, that turn out to be quite worthwhile. I just spent entirely too long watching just such a raft of fun material, in the form of 30-Second Bunnies Theatre.

This isn't the first time I've been exposed to it... a couple years back, I caught a link to the Pulp Fiction episode and found it good for a laugh, but I left it at that, pretty much assuming that there might be one or two more movies that would be good for the treatment. If only I knew. The basic schtick, by the way, is that movies are re-enacted in 30 seconds, by animated bunnies... it doesn't sound like much, but they tend to be rather silly (slapstick is one of the few forms of humor that will fit comfortably in a 30-second frame). It's especially fun to see the lengths they go to in some cases to maintain the purity of the concept... think bunny Jaws or bunny King Kong as quick examples.

So, well, if you've got Netflix, you should at least check out a few episodes... you'll doubtless find a few chuckles in there. Heck, I even found versions of Borat and Napoleon Dynamite that I could stand to sit through... :)

No comments: