Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random Bits

As sometimes happens, nothing worthy of its own post, so here's some lesser fare:

  • This is post#200... whee.
  • Whitehouse.gov tried out an "open for questions" app today, with the President answering some of the most popular questions. Some of the news coverage focused on the abuse of the intended question categories by pot-proponents, sometimes in a downright derogatory way. From this I take two things... first, I hope the White House learns from this run, and includes suitable categories next time for the concerns people brought up this time, even if it's just in the form of "other". Second, it sure is interesting how news reporting can get nasty when "the people" start getting the least bit uppity.
  • Got lunch at Jack in the Box today. Since I ordered something other than a burger, it took a while to get my food ready, so they did the standard "pull around, please" on me. Fair enough, I understand the occasional need for something like that... but, in the process, they gave me one of those "antenna balls" that they normally charge for. So, what, I'm supposed to be mollified about your slow service by your gift of a cheap corporate tchotchke, whose ultimate purpose is to further advertise your business?

1 comment:

Matt said...

You should keep the Jack head and use it for D&D. Like a Beholder with extra cheese.