Monday, March 2, 2009

Remember your scientific method

OK, time for a little sheepish admission of guilt. Last post, I castigated Nintendo for misleading error messages... which, it turns out, were likely actually right. But in the process, I found a new target for my ire: Sony.

It turns out that my spotty Wi-Fi connectivity with my Wii correlates nicely with the powered-up status of my PS3, which sits about 6" below the Wii. If the PS3 is on, the Wii connects with no problems, otherwise there's no network joy to be had. I now suspect that the Wi-Fi antenna in the PS3 is left in a state that parasitizes the Wii's signal when the Wii is turned off. If true, the next experiment is simple enough... move the Wii further away from the PS3 and see what happens. Of course, that's a lot of work to go through to fix a problem that currently impacts me once a week, when I vainly check for new, worthwhile downloadable games for the Wii. Maybe when my play patterns change again...

No comments: