Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quick downloadable games multi-post

I just took a look back... and it looks like it's been a while since I've bothered to write up any of the games that have my focus at the time. Of course, right now that's because I don't really have a "main" game sucking my every free moment away, but rather a few "lesser" games all vying for position, which I'm playing as mood and time constraints dictate. So, here's a few of them, if you're looking for some time wasting fun:

  • For you Windows types, if you're looking for a type of game that hasn't been around for quite some time, you might try The Wizard's Pen. I snagged my copy for about $10 off of Steam. For a more standard (but definitely not "normal") adventure-style game, Steam also has Sam & Max Season 2.
  • Available for multiple systems (I got mine for the PlayStation 3), there's Puzzle Quest Galactrix, a fun twist on the standard match-3 puzzle genre, in a couple of ways. Of course, if you haven't played it yet, the original Puzzle Quest is a fine little game, as well.
  • On the PS3 side (when I'm not in a multi-hour session of Oblivion or Disgaea 3 or Civilization Revolutions or...), I still get some mileage out of Noby Noby boy... and PixelJunk Eden is still very entertaining (enough so that I need to work on "finishing" it, so I can snag the expansion for it with a minimum of guilt).
  • And then there's the Wii... where I've got 2000 store points ready for something "worthy", and have had since the beginning of April. Hopefully they come out with something that piques my interest someday soon, lest I start thinking of it (with the Wii Fit) as just "exercise equipment", which would be the touch of death for my use of that system... :)
So, there you go, no major blockbuster games, but plenty of decent playables to be had, depending on your playstyle.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I have an unhealthy relationship with Galactrix right now. I play the sample flash game over and over on line, but I don't own any of the systems that the full game runs on.

delRhode said...

Heh... you know, for a couple hundred bucks, you could pick up one of those XP-powered netbooks. Galactrix, plus a whole world of (older) Windows games would open up before you... :)