Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Senority"

Wow... I thought I'd seen some government shenanigans, but I guess they're nothing compared to the shenanigans within the government itself. How can a simple concept like seniority get twisted around so?

For those of you not knowing what I'm talking about, Sen. Specter, the one that was a Republican until just turning Democrat, was a senior member of a number of committees... until tonight, when he was "stripped of his seniority", basically reducing his importance on those committees (link). Now, I'm no expert (thankfully)... but, as a rule, you don't go punishing people who switch to your side. That's the sort of thing that makes people rethink their choice to switch.

Heh... and here I thought that seniority had something to do with the length of time you served your country/company (well, where rank doesn't get involved, anyways). Live and learn.

No comments: