Sunday, August 30, 2009

Halloween?!?

Before the weekend started, I saw signage on one of those shut-down big-box stores for the annual infestation of seasonal costume/accessory shops... but I didn't think too much about it, since they still had "hiring now" signs up, and it could easily be a few weeks before they have everything in place to do the whole Halloween shtick. Tonight, I was walking through the aisles at my local supermarket, and... there's the Halloween candy, etc. That's over 2 months before the event, which, for most people I know, consists of making sure they have some candy on-hand to dole out to costumed children. Holiday creep just blew past the ludicrous zone right into pathetic.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Yes, but was the candy on sale yet? Last year there was so much candy on the shelves, the RiteAid across from our office had 2 for 1 starting almost three weeks before halloween.

delRhode said...

Oh yes, it was mostly candy... I might actually feel bad, feeding candy that stale to neighborhood children (if I held it until Halloween, of course).

Beth said...

Halloween, hell. Costco's already starting to put up the Christmas trees. I kid you not.

delRhode said...

Yeah, just saw that tonight... thought about another semi-outraged post, but just can't muster the outrage somehow. Maybe it's because I've seen Costco whore itself out to Christmas for so many years now...