Wednesday, March 24, 2010

GOP: screw you guys, I'm going home

So, this is what politics in Washington have devolved to.

Unable to stop the passage of health care reforms, the GOP has decided that the best policy they can take... is to shut down all the committees they can at 2pm daily. Thanks to a Senate rule (which the best explanation I've seen so far as to its existence is that it might date back to the days before air-conditioning), the majority and minority leaders have to agree to let committee hearings go past that time... so today, several hearings got cut short, including defense, judiciary, and veteran's affairs hearings.

Will this happen on an ongoing basis? Or, maybe, on random days of the GOP's choosing? It's beyond petty... the very essence of "the game's not going the way I want, so I'm taking my ball and going home".

No comments: