Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Imperfect, but worth a shot... Hulu Plus

I've been wanting something resembling Internet TV for a while now... movies I've got covered by Netflix instant streaming, and sports, what little I watch of them, I can get over the air or through ESPN's widget on my Xbox360, but recent, episodic content has been a dead space to date. That changed today, with Hulu Plus going live on my Roku box, with a price drop to $8/month. Mind you, the vast majority of what they offer is of little to no interest to me, and much of the content I do care about is already available to me through Netflix streaming... but I did see a couple of longish anime series in the mix which are available only by disc through Netflix, at least one of which I'm part-way into already, so it's not a total waste of time to give it a go. Still, I'll probably hold off until just before Thanksgiving to start the week-long free trial period... nothing like a long, holiday weekend to get some serious vegetation out of the way... :)

No comments: