Wednesday, November 10, 2010

We now interrupt your regularly-scheduled shooter...

Looking back, April's the last time I talked about Activision... the short reason being that, by and large, their style of games aren't the ones that make me reach for my wallet. Add to that the ongoing legal mess with their past developers, and my urge to buy is that much less. However, just because I'm sworn off their software for now, doesn't mean that I can't recognize their developers' good works... such as the recently-released Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Mind you, I'm still not a huge shooter fan... but, last I looked, it rated over 90 at Metacritic, which is unusually good for starters. More interesting to me, though, is a little "easter egg" they hid in the menu screen... allowing you to play Zork, a text-adventure game from the last century, and even earn an achievement for doing so (link). Oh well, I guess I'll have to check it out at some point down the road, likely used by then, and cheaper to boot.

No comments: