Wednesday, September 19, 2007

DVD Pick: The Prestige

Yeah, okay, I'll admit it... I should've gone and seen this film in the theater when it first came out. I heard it was good, but I didn't have much in the way of expectations about a story involving a couple of stage magicians dueling late in the gaslight era. If you haven't seen this yet, do so... I was paying pretty close attention throughout, and I still got blindsided by half the story at the very end, but it all made sense just the same. My only gripe... the one that started the whole mess comes out, for lack of a better term, on top. I won't say more than that... just like a magic trick, knowing the secret ahead of time spoils the fun.

1 comment:

delRhode said...

Nope, I can honestly say I didn't recognize any Bowieage in that movie at all... of course, with the exception of a very few character actors, I'm bad with recognizing the people behind the roles anyways.