Wednesday, April 9, 2008

GFW/CGW - Gone

Well, it's a pisser... the magazine I came to know as Computer Gaming World (more recently, Games for Windows) is officially out of print. I've been keeping up with this mag since the late '80s, back in my Amiga days. Mainly, that loyalty was due to a certain... integrity that the magazine always maintained, neither kowtowing to their advertisers nor artificially inflating their review grades. It was also generally a "smarter" magazine than others I've tried... just because I read a magazine on computer games, I don't care to be treated as if I've got nothing more than a third-grade reading level.

Supposedly, there will be an online version from now on... it might be good, it might not... but nothing's quite like ink on paper. I'll certainly miss it.

No comments: