Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Annoyance Week" continued: Wasps!

So I came home from work today, put the car in the garage... and noticed a subtle sound. The best I can say is it sounded like the shadow of a wasp, if you will. Nonplussed, I looked around, I looked down, I looked up... and there, hiding in the old security lamp, right where the bulb would be, was a well-developed wasp nest. It's high enough up that I don't think it will be a problem for me day-to-day... but there may be chemicals in my near future.

Update: not even a week later, and I've gotten the chemicals to do the deed. I haven't been stung yet, but I did have one of the little buggers "bonk" me on the head, then harry me away. Death comes at sunset.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hopefully that went ok, and you're not a giant puffy mass of stingy welts.

You know me, always looking on the cheery bright side! "Deer Jeff, I hope ur not ded."

Encouragement. Ur Doing it wrong.

delRhode said...

No worries... I made sure to get a can of stuff you can spray from 20 feet away. In the morning light, looks like it did the job, too, based on the little curled up hornet bodies under the nest.