Sunday, January 11, 2009

WANT

Wow, and here I thought I had somehow "gotten beyond" lusting after computer gear. The people who got the whole "netbook" thing rolling showed another great idea at CES... why not pack a whole computer inside a keyboard, with a wireless HDMI connection back to your TV for audio and video? I mean, that's been the big sticking point for me putting a computer in the living room, really... you have to have a (more or less noisy) box tethered to the set, and then some sort of wireless connection to a keyboard/mouse combo that you have to store somewhere, with batteries occasionally dying, that sort of thing. Here, it's all in one package, the only "required" tether being power to the wall, but with plenty of connection jacks if you need to plug in, say, that portable flash drive with the movie you want to watch.

Take a quick look at it here. Of course, it hasn't been released yet, so there's no pricing info, or bothersome system specs to make me go "that's all it has?", but I hope to hear more soon... it is a pretty toy, and well thought-out, from what I can see, and that's plenty to give me a big ol' case of WANT.

No comments: