Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Comcast - fixed, I think.

It's only fair that I close out the whole overbilling thing with a final report... I've got a bill in hand that shows that I got reimbursed enough to more than cover an entire month of charges, and that my ongoing charge for Internet access has been reduced. I've also been told that my cable modem is no longer marked as Comcast-owned... and I believe them, based on the fact that I had to reset my connection (and go through all the initial setup steps again) in order to receive that news by email. Apart from that minor glitch, it was well worth pursuing this problem with the Comcast Cares team... and I heartily recommend that, if you're using Comcast and have a problem with their service that normal channels cant handle, that you give them a shot. Of course, best good would be for their mainline tech support to improve to the point where a separate, special trouble-shooting team isn't necessary... but it's good they're there in the meantime.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I am happy to know if it resolved. Let us know if you need help in the future.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com