Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cell Phone Adventure: Surrender

For all that I'm stubborn, sometimes I can recognize when something just isn't worth the effort. I finally remembered to give Virgin a call this afternoon, dug through the phone tree and got a human, explained the situation, and listened while she tried her best to help. She went looking for my old account, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't find it. From some other cues I picked up from what she said, it looks like somebody 'overwrote' my old account info with the new account info, and somehow managed to lose my balance in the process. I was willing to let her keep trying, but I briefly heard a fire alarm go off on the other end of the phone before I was automatically disconnected.

Am I going to call back and go through all that again, over $20 or so? Not hardly... it just means that my first month of working with this provider will be *almost* as expensive as my prior months with my old provider, after all. This adventure is over.

No comments: