Monday, February 18, 2008

FIVE discs?

I was doing my irregular update of my NetFlix queue today, and one of the recommendations I got fed was for a 5-disc series of Strong Bad emails. Now, I actually enjoy watching this online series every so often (like, say, when a new one comes out), and, if you haven't seen it, well, here's a link for you... but I have to wonder mightily about this particular package.

I mean, first off, the package includes the first 100 emails they did, from what I gather... I'm sorry, but for all that I find it reasonably funny in small doses, that strikes me as being just a little bit of overkill, like watching the Monty Python fish-slapping dance for two hours straight. Second... FIVE discs? Honestly, each of those shorts runs about five minutes long... unless there's just a ton of bonus material on those discs, the only reason I can see for making a five-disc set of it was to justify charging a five-disc price. It's the sort of sales/marketing "tactic" that, in my humble opinion, ought to be banned outright, and the perpetrators flayed and keelhauled... okay, some of that may just be my nasty cold/flu talking, but only a little... :)

No comments: